Thursday, September 05, 2013

Hallmark The Wit and Wizdom of The Wizard of Oz


The Wit and Wizdom of The Wizard of Oz
By Emily Osborn
Hardcover Hallmark Gift Book
$9.95
 
 
 
 
My scanner did not pick up  the red foiled slippers on the cover. I'm a tad disappointed this book didn't have more original art and I was expecting more witticisms along the line of the Everything I Needed to Know I Learned From the Wizard of Oz poster that was released in the 90s.  Would have helped had I read the text on the back.  The book is mostly colored with MGM film imagery and a few uncommon newer illustrations.  There's one vintage illustration in the back of the book that I immediately fell in love with.  But all in all a cute little book for Wizard of Oz lovers.  Look wherever your local Hallmark store stocks their gift books.