Thursday, July 20, 2017

Hallmark Ornament Premiere 2017



 I was there just before store opening, I grabbed my limited Scarecrow, did a quick browse and waited in line a solid hour just to check out.  Sadly,  I may have been one of only a couple people purchasing the Scarecrow.  They had a lot left when I checked out and I didn't see many people with any Oz ornaments at all.  I didn't see very many non Oz collectors buying ornaments online either.



 
 
 
 
It's sad to say the overall quality in the Hallmark Oz ornaments has really gone down over the years.  There has also been a lack of originality in the line.  The Apple Tree ornament is wonderful to see and people have been wanting that particular scene for a long time, but still the quality isn't great and the audio clip is just awful.  I would much prefer the ornaments to stay silent if they are unable to acquire the actual film clips.  Sentiments expressed by many in the Oz community for a long time and I finally have to agree.
 
On the Hallmark website you can click on the individual ornaments and there is a place for reviews and comments.  I VERY strongly urge their opinions.  Let Hallmark hear you.  Don't be belligerent but please do leave constructive criticism and let them know the audio has been unsatisfactory for some time now. They would be better to focus on overall quality and originality of the ornament.